Friday, February 20, 2009

Marination


So I've been feeling pretty exhausted lately...maybe I'm coming down with something, maybe it's the late nights at the easel. Either way I can't function before noon. And that's irritating to me.

I sit here sipping on a coconut iced coffee trying to get motivated. Fridays a bunch of us get together and make dinner and just chill out. It's my turn and I am making fajitas. Found this fantastic recipe online - http://blog.cooklikeyourgrandmother.com/2008/10/how-to-make-steak-fajitas.html - and just finished marinating the flank steak I picked up at the market. It calls for quite a bit of fresh cilantro, which I love (and hope everyone else does too...I know cilantro can be one of those hit or miss herbs....) and the kitchen smells fabulous with the aroma of cilantro and lime right now. I usually like to light my scented candles (I have this thing for Yankee Candle, especially any and all of the beach scents) but I am holding off for right now because it already smells like summer in here...a welcome reprieve from the 30 degrees outdoors.

I'm going to try and fit in a little painting. I have an hour and a half before my sis shows up. I feel like I haven't been all that productive the past few days. Although I stayed up wicked late last night working and reworking my newest 24x36 painting, I am still unhappy with where it is and don't see where it's going. I have this awful habit of not being able to set a painting aside until it's finished. It's an internal challenge...and probably a character flaw. I just can't let go.

We'll see what comes of it. I haven't worked on anything else since what, Monday? If I can let a steak marinate, why can't I let a painting do the same?

No comments: